Thursday, July 18, 2013

Just for Fun


This evening I had a delightful conversation with my daughter Lo Lauren Myers who unblushingly confirmed, I am the last person to find out almost everything on TV is also Online – for free. Ruptured my bubble a bit but could not really diminish the joy of watching Fox News and Diane Sawyer, Antiques Road Show and Inspector Morse from the comfort of my bed.  You see only the bedroom of my Connecticut apartment has AC. On a day like today when Stamford is hotter than Miami, the living room verges on the upper reaches of the hot as blazes spectrum. So aside from furtive dashes to the kitchen and powder room, I live in the bedroom.

Rechelle Blakemore Gonzalez and Tressy St. Fleur can now be proud that I finally used the “ Tango” they downloaded to my phone several months ago. What a joy to see my grandson “walk” around with the help of his handy, dandy, cutting edge ambulatory device. I chuckle watching Lo get her workout and Anthony is not even independently mobile yet. This, is going to be fun!

Last, if you enjoy crushed ice and love watermelon,you simply must have frozen watermelon bites for snack, or in my case, desert. Crunch, slurp, Yum! Besides, us must eats da watermelon, yes suh! (I am so not explaining that).

Last #2 — preacher, what can I say? Anyway, talked with Pastor Junior Edsil Myers and all is well, great testimony of God’s greatness throughout the convention. I am hoping he brings me bammy, hand-bun, and cassava pone from St. Elizabeth. Diet enhancers, you understand. LOL, out lot loud like Monk.

Stay cool, stay hydrated and most of all, stay blessed. Special shout out to Alexis Yanaros hale, Stella Muyriel, Elaine Wright Colvin (I see Washington is quite hot as well), Becky Blanton and Betsy Lumsden Smith. Love in Christ my sisters, elect and chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment