Saturday, September 22, 2018

Second Wind

Weekly Word from the Wisdom Walk

Walking 6 miles is challenging no matter how you go about it. The first mile is difficult because I'm just getting warmed up. The last is a "beat downer" if I'm not careful because I  have already given all l have. First mile is altar time, laying first of all the walk, then all I mean to pray about before the Lord. Last mile I'm done praying for a while now so I go to affirmation of who God is, his promises, and who I am in Him. I have found l can do all these mental strategies but l simply cannot "create" a second wind. That comes entirely from outside myself and is not based on my works. It happens as I walk and wait in faith.

Walking with Christ has some of those same trials. We go through the warm up, we hit the trail and all seems to be going fine. But no matter what calisthenics we perform or how faithful we are to our worship and devotional routine, there comes a time when we are just "done."

We affirm, and confess but like with my walks,  we cannot generate that second wind by mere effort .  The scripture says it best, "It's not by might or by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord of Hosts."

So if you are feeling beaten down today in spite of doing the Christian walk. Keep walking. Keep waiting. The Spirit will come to strengthen and help you so you can finish strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment