Saturday, October 6, 2018

Pick your pace

Today for the first hour of walking, I encountered no one. The first jogger past me well into the turnaround. Later there were dog walkers, strollers talking away on their cell phones, cyclists, a runner "wide open" and more walkers.
The thing is each came from a different home, possibly started at a different time, and all went at his or her own pace.
Looking at the people on the cell phone my first thought is,  that's not walking. But by the same token,  if I jogged I'd have pain until next Tuesday 😲 and I don't even remember what year it was that I ran as fast as I could.
What a beautiful thing this race is not for the swift or the battle for the strong. Endurance is what counts. Making it to the finish line is what matters.
God calls us to get on the field and run or walk or jog the best race we can without worrying about the speed of others.
Come on, let's go. You got this ...

No comments:

Post a Comment