Saturday, June 1, 2019

The. Power of Perseverance


Nothing teaches perseverance like walking. This morning the sun felt like it was in the middle of the sky though it was barely after 8am. By the time I got to my 3+ miles turnaround lightpost, it was hitting my brows with a vengeance.  I turned around for the trek home and just as suddenly found myself facing into a light and very pleasant breeze. The sun that was monents ago frying my brains was now working its magic on my stiff back and shoulders. I adjusted my pace to compensate for the energy loss from the heat and humidity, and kept walking.
I want to say, especially to my younger readers, circumstances can be draining like the sun. Adjust your pace. Maybe the five year plan may stretch into seven. Persevere. Stop and rest a moment in the shade of prayer and the support of family and friends. Then press on.
Oh, my timing was off today and I did the 7 miles slower than usual. But point is, l finished it in good shape.
Your brains may feel overtaxed from unanswered questions and your heart may ache from unreciprocated trust. Adjust your step, reset your timeline, but don't stop doing what you know is right. Persevere, keep your eyes on your goal, and you will make it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment