Saturday, January 18, 2020

Practicing Peace

Weekly Word from the Wisdom Walk comes to us today courtesy of Sis.Marvalee Waite.
Just a reminder to self.
I enter into 2020 with this objective I am going to trust God in spite of. Saying that and doing it is not always easy. Today I am reminding myself of God’s perfect peace in this situation.
Nothing ever spins out of his control. Peace and worry are mutually exclusive. Worry throttles your confidence, chokes your perspectives, and suffocates your spirit. It robs you of the peace that comes from knowing the God who can handle anything, and through whom all things are possible. The reason we worry so much is because we engage in exactly the opposite behavior to that which brings peace. Worry is like a no confidence vote in God. You may not intend it that way, but every time you give in to worry, in essence, you’re saying: “I don’t believe God can or will handle this for me. I’m not sure I can trust Him in this matter, so I will just have to carry this situation and take care of this problem myself.” God is either the object of your trust or just a part time helper you call on when you can’t handle things on your own.
God never changes.
##myquiettimereflection##

No comments:

Post a Comment