Sunday, July 5, 2020

Breathe...

Weekly Word from the Wisdom Walk

How ironic that the words, "I can't breathe" continues to echo globally.
No, not politics. Here, let me show you:
I can't breathe tragically whispers from those on ventilators whose bodies have lost the ability to breathe for themselves;
It wheezes from those lying face down attached to a machine tasked with pushing air into occluded air spaces and not quite making it happen;
I can't breathe is a gasp from tired Frontline Workers meaning everyone who bravely suits up to bag groceries,  stock shelves, deliver mail, clean facilities, treat patients, and hold the hand of the dying;
I can't breathe is a tearful whisper on the phone of anxious family members who cannot be at the bedside of someone they love;
I can't breathe is the resigned sigh of a senior, struggling with crooked fingers, falling glasses and the fear of going without it, putting on a mask that just won't stay in place...
Its not a game; its not propaganda; its the reality if where we are.
Don't be the one to be careless or nonchalant or it-can't-happen-to-me
Why make "I can't breathe" the last words you ever say?
"Breath of heaven hold [us] together be forever near [us]; breath of heaven..."

No comments:

Post a Comment