Saturday, August 1, 2020

Celebrate the Small Things

So August arrived right on schedule and my response was, "Let the birthday celebration begin." When I tell people I celebrate the whole month some are surprised, some say its excessive and a few invariably ask how its done. This year, more than ever, I feel it's fitting to celebrate the small things, starting on day one.
In our present dilemma it's the small things, the ones we never noticed or attached any importance to, we find ourselves missing the most. It feels like aeons since we were able to arrange a  spur of the moment meet up. And ,"Why don't you come over?" is a question systematically disappearing from our conversation. Forget weekend roadtrips to see grands and In's, its just not worth the effort.
Therefore,  on an August like no other, I choose the small things. Comfort food, times of rest, nail polish, lipstick, walks ...you get the idea. I will focus on meditation, prayer, reading, writing, and thanksgiving for life and health. Oh, I can't forget sunflowers - I  will enjoy the beauty of a vase or two of sunflowers.
And, I'll breathe deeply every chance I get as a tribute to those whose life ended too soon and the insensible ones who are even now on their journey.
Life and August - specifically August 11th, what a gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment