Saturday, January 5, 2013

Do You? Seriously?

Jeremiah 29:11 is arguably one of the most widely quoted verses in today's Christian repertoire. Yet, most of us panic the moment the reins are yanked from our protesting grasp and we find ourselves going at high speed to who knows where. But that's the whole point. God has the plan and therefore the path; we are not out of control, or adrift, at lose ends, or any of those wonderfully descriptive ways we express being completely lost.

As we barely clear the first few hurdles of 2013 we may still be looking backwards asking, "what just happened?" The goals of 2012 never quite made it from the starting block or halfway down the track, tripped and fell to rise no more. To make matters worse everything around us, so far, only suggests more of the same. Hold up!!! God has a plan that involves hope and a future. He may not be sharing details with you at the moment but do you trust him?

Here's something very old, very "King James" but worth our time and attention.

Lead Kindly Light Hymn

Lead, kindly Light, amid th’encircling gloom, lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home; lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now lead Thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years!

So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it still will lead me on.
O’er moor and fen, o’er crag and torrent, till the night is gone,
And with the morn those angel faces smile, which I
Have loved long since, and lost awhile!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


No comments:

Post a Comment