Sunday, January 20, 2013

To You Health!


On January 5th my daughter Lauren Lo Myers sent me the end of year “Windfall” challenge which I promptly posted on my FB page. I was surprised to see how many people took us up on that and are now saving dollar amounts corresponding to the week number of January 2013 (hope you deposited your three dollars). Let’s not be too legalistic with this though. How about finding ways to set aside more than we “have to?”
Here’s what I mean. We want to walk in health, we pray for healing while clinging to habits that are proven to be death to us. Sodas, excessive caffeine, cookies, chocolate (hurts me to say that), cigarettes – you get the idea. Then there are legitimate expenses we may not be managing as well as we could. By that I mean spending $150 for groceries then buying lunch and breakfast every day at work. What’s wrong with that picture? Pack your lunch while you are making dinner – from your dinner.  Buy enough fruits, cereals, yogurt, whatever you eat for breakfast, and take your stuff with you. It will work out so much cheaper. Next step? Add some extra cash to your stash!
 Skip the soda or drink half as many cans as you used to.  I f you can’t give up sodas cold turkey buy your brand when you food shop instead of a can from the cafeteria at a $1 to $1.75 each time.  Listen, Starbucks has heavens know how much money. How many days a week you want to buy that $4-6 dollars worth of dressed up coffee? Think what a difference it could make to your fund 11 months and some weeks from now!
For sure God blesses us when we tithe and put him first in all aspects of life. One of those blessings we receive is wisdom. God says my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.  Let’s be wise this year not just for our health and finances but as a witness to the world.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment