Saturday, October 11, 2014

We are Family

The church finds it's best expression and demonstration of being the body of Christ through the corporate gathering of it's individual parts. True , a personal relationship with Christ is of the utmost importance but this is not a substitute for being part of a larger community.
We gain strength from hearing the trials and triumphs of others. I don't mean we gloat or like the Pharisee say, "I am glad I am not like other men." Rather, there is something about being in a ditch and realizing you are not the first to run off the road at that particular corner. The strength comes from seeing how the other guy hauled himself out - or who came to the rescue. In spiritual speak, Iron sharpens iron.

Christ knows this and that is why he said in his Word that we should not forsake the assembling of ourselves together. So when you are trying to roll out of bed on the only day of the week available for you to sleep in and you are tempted to ask, "I wonder who's bright idea this was?" Its Gods.
Many of you may remember this old song:

I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God
Washed in his fountain cleansed by his blood
Joint heirs with Jesus as I travel this sod
I'm a part of the family, the family of God.

This week I hope you will choose togetherness, be a part of the family gathering in the house of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment