Saturday, July 28, 2018

Finding Joy

Weekly Word from the Wisdom Walk
Several years ago I learned an unforgettable lesson about true joy.  Kenneth Mitchell had gone fishing and brought us back a five gallon bucket of blue runners (I think that's what they're called). I grabbed my knife and headed for the washroom, no problem. I love fish!
As I started scaling Junior Edsil Myers quietly opened the door and took his place beside me at the sink. Nothing he's ever done has been more significant or more treasured than just pitching in when it never even crossed my mind to ask for help. His presence brought such joy the task took second place.
In our work-a-day world we are often faced with many difficult or tedious tasks. Sometimes we hop to it not because we are so fired up to work, but just to get it out of the way. Then, maybe a song comes to mind, or it could be just a few words of a Bible verse.  At other times a spiritual song comes pouring out from a river of raw inner emotions. Whatever the case, we suddenly realise the Presence of the Lord has swept in and everything changes.
Joy my Friends is not always about doing what we want to do,  much more about who stands with us.
The presence of Jesus, He changes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment