Saturday, July 7, 2018

Road Signs

Weekly Word from the Wisdom Walk
As I approached my turnaround point this morning I noticed a couple of property signs. And I thought Christians have those too. I love the "Private Property no Trespassing" sign on my life. I am my beloved's and he is mine.  Jesus says I'm in his hands and nothing can "pluck" me out.
The "No Parking" sign speaks to the fact I am God's temple. I wish I could be so spiritual I am always singing Hallelujah! But that's not the case. So when a whole caravan of negative emotions start competing for space, the Holy Spirit makes sure if they are not the crew from Whatsoever Things with names like honest, pure, virtuous,  good report, etc., then they cannot park.
We all know sometimes in spite of ourselves we can feel like we are losing the battle though not the war. The law of the Tow Away Zone says the Spirit of Christ is authorized to remove every thought,  every action, everything that exalts itself against Him. It is that Power which guarantees when the enemy comes in, like a flood ,the Spirit of the LORD lifts up a standard against him.
We are told to be mindful of the signs on the road both spiritual and physical. Walk not as fools but as wise. Know who you are, whose you are, and demand that the enemy respect your boundaries.
Walk strong in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment