Saturday, February 15, 2020

The Greatest Love

Weekly Word from the Wisdom Walk

Yesterday I was one of the fortunate ones to receive roses, chocolate, and a personalized mug with a picture of Junior Edsil Myers
 and myself (yes, he outdid himself). I say fortunate because my husband chose to honor our love.
It made me think of John 3:16, For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
We do not expect those who do not yet acknowledge the love of God to give him "roses." But did we? Did we like St Valentine,  whose life we commemorate,  remember to spend time with the Lover of our Soul and reaffirm his position of first in our hearts?
It's not too late to give Him our gift of worship like sweet perfume, the love of our hearts like Rose's of the deepest red, and our undying devotion as a sweet offering wrapped in grace. As the writer says and we thankfully sing:
"I love you Lord and I lift my voice
To worship you, oh my soul rejoice!
Take joy my King in what you hear
May it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear."
Hope you weekend is filled with reminders of the greatest love of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment