Sunday, November 29, 2020

Weekly Word: The Secret Place

 The Secret Place

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under
the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge
and my fortress; my God in him will I trust." Psalm 91:1-2
Where is this place the Bible speaks of? Rather than a brick and
mortar fortress, I  believe the secret place of the Lord denotes a
spiritual rest made possible by our relationship with him. We are
saved. We are walking with God daily and becoming more like him
through the power of the Word. And by so doing, we become dwellers of
the secret place. From this place of refuge comes the bold faith
affirmation even in the midst of perils. "He is my refuge and my
fortress. My God, in Him will I trust.

Heavenly Father, you are our shield from the soul-destroying hurt and
harm this world gives. You are our sanity when life swirls around us
faster and faster, sucking us into a storm of conflicting ideas,
offering no peace. You are our confidence when we feel inadequate
because your strength surpasses all our weaknesses. We trust the
protection of your secret place. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment