Monday, April 20, 2020

God loves Me

Yesterday as I walked I began contemplating the thought God loves me, and what it means. It is:
Not my service
Not my accomplishments (such as they are)
Not any expectation of perfection
No. Just me.
God loves me and that means:
He appreciates my honesty - about everything
He sees my heart when it is right and when it is wayward
He knows my thoughts before I think them, and he still loves me.
The more I thought about this amazing love the more it became evident "Just as I am without one plea" is not just for those whom we are trying to get to the altar. It is in fact for us who are laid out on the wood, waiting for the fire to the fall. I have nothing to recommend myself, therefore no reason for God to care as he does, But, He loves me still.
This does not mean he is not in the process of changing somethings in my life because the master plan is that I will be conformed to his image. But, no matter what is happening as a result of what God is stripping away or polishing to reflect His beauty, His love for me is not in question.
When I fall, when I stray, when I am lonely, when I am confused, when I am appreciated, when I am on top of the world, when I am hanging between yes and I am not so sure, God loves me.
So my word for you is, wherever you are and whatever you face this week, don't ever forget: God loves YOU. Not necessarily the image you have of yourself. Just you. Let that be enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment