Saturday, May 16, 2020

Home


This week on my walk it suddenly occurred to me no matter how many steps I take, I always have home in sight ─ physically or emotionally. When I choose a route, it is with the idea the journey is two ways. Therefore, I must consider the total miles and the stamina needed to return home. When I reach the turnaround point, I start counting the landmarks as I anticipate turning up my street and seeing my home, a few houses from the corner.
Everyone may not exercise or even understand the compulsion that drives walkers, runners and marathoners. But we are all on a walk through life, one that is personal and specifically designed for our steps. If we remain insensible to the concept of home, life is lived as a walk, long or short, from the dawn of birth into the night of eternity without any hope of the rest promised to the people of God.
Where exactly do we live? Are we in Father's House or are we still in the kingdom of darkness?
Though we say we are in Christ with God and our home is in Heaven, we still walk in the natural world. Sometimes our route takes us through trials, anxieties, rain, and storms. At other times we are blessed with joy, happiness, and fair weather. No matter how far we find ourselves in the hurtful or the mundane, we must still walk with home in sight, matching our steps to the profession of our faith. No destination should be so enticing or disheartening we embark upon it without remembering to keep home in view. Home is more than a house; more than mansions, golden streets, and pearly gates. Home is where Jesus is. And when we get there, we will finally be at one with Him and all the saints throughout the eons of eternity. Walk on …





No comments:

Post a Comment